This week’s VDM30in30 recipe combines everyone’s favorites – chicken, bacon, BBQ sauce, and cheese into a single delicious dish that can be prepared in the oven or on the grill.
This recipe started off as an attempt to replicate a similar dish from a local restaurant. That restaurant, which is no longer in business, had a similar dish as a nightly special. My wife loved it, and she said that she thought it was something that we could make at home.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Prepare your grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil the grill grate to prevent chicken from sticking.
2. Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes until internal temperature reads 165 degrees with a thermometer, flipping once halfway through.
3. Apply BBQ sauce to chicken,and then top with bacon and cheese.
4. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until sauce has thickened and cheese has melted.
5. Remove from grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish.
3. Bake chicken for 25 minutes or until temperature reads about 165 degrees with a thermometer.
4. Apply BBQ sauce to chicken,and then top with bacon and cheese.
5. Bake for another 5-8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.