“Life is Change. It’s a good thing.” Lise Hampton Edgars – Babylon 5: The Wheel of Fire
Looking back, it’s hard to believe how big of a year 2013 was. If the page quote wasn’t enough of an indication, a lot has changed from this time last year. At the same time, it has been an exciting year to say the least. Most of it was in the latter half of the year.
As this post goes up, I will be getting ready to head down to Milwaukee to take the VMware Certified Advanced Professional Data Center Design exam. That’s a big shift from where I was a year ago when I was taking the vSphere Install, Configure, Manage training course.
My top five posts from 2013 were:
- Utilizing Offsite Backups to Seed Backup Copy Jobs in @Veeam #V7
- Scripting Exchange 2010 Backups on Windows Server 2008R2 using PowerShell and Windows Backup Service
- VMware View Pool Recompose PowerCLI Script
- vCenter Server Virtual Appliance 5.5 SSL Certificates – Part 1
- vCenter Server Virtual Appliance 5.5 SSL Certificates Part 2 – Certificate Installation
And some of my highlights from this year were:
- Attending my first VMworld
- Getting VCPs for Data Center and Desktop virtualization
- Giving my first presentation at the Wisconsin VMUG
- Becoming more active in the VMware community as a blogger, on Twitter, and by participating in community activities like VMUG and vBrownbag.
- Changing jobs and moving to a position that is lower stress and will allow me to grow more
The biggest change, though, hasn’t quite come yet. My wife and I are expecting our second child, a girl, at the end of March.
I hope everyone had a wonderful 2013 and has a wonderful 2014!